I Love My Soldier: The kids are home













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The kids are home


Today the kids are out of school (being the day before Thanksgiving). However, just because the kids are home doesn't mean momma (Me) doesn't have to work. Doing medical transcription from home is a HARD job, especially when you have a house full of distraction, but the job has to get done (today reminds me of the summer when they are all home). I did stay up late last night and will probably stay up late tonight, as trying to work when all the kids are home isn't turning out like I originally planned. To add to my 3-year-old, 9-year-old, and 11-year-old being home, Kayla down the street (who is also 9) has come over to play. I could send them outside, but the weather is too cold (well at least I think it is) and if I let the older kids go out, then I would have to let them take Hayden out (which means they would have to stay in the back yard) and I think it is too cold for him right now. So I told the girls if they would stay in the house and play with Hayden and let me get some of my work done, then we could all go outside in a little bit when it warms up some (where I would be able to watch Hayden). THAT is the plan.


Today Jason has a day off. He is planning on going to a neighboring city/base (Actually about 2 1/2 hours away) to see one of his friends (Jeff) who is in the same unit as him. Jeff and Jason have not seen each other since March when they left Ft. Leonardwood and went to Germany. The unit got split into three platoons and went to three different bases (since then they have added more bases to be covered and they have been divided out to those as well - as Jason got moved again this past summer). Jeff is Jason's best friend and I am so glad that Jason is getting to go see him. Jason has been having a really hard time there being away from us and he misses us so much. I know seeing Jeff will be good for him.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to getting together at my mom and dads with my sister, my brother and his wife. I have so much to be thankful for! I do hate that it is another holiday that will come and go and my Hubby will not be here with us, but I am anxiously awaiting Christmas because Jason will be here for two weeks!!

Well, I gotta go get this transcription done. Everyone have a GREAT day!!!


1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Sounds like it will be a nice day for both of you. I'm sure an opportunity for your hubby to see an old friend is a wonderful blessing in spite of the current circumstances.

Are you bringing anything to your parents' home? What are the Thanksgiving favorites in Alabama? I've found that our little Cajun family prepares different meals than my Mississipian mother-in-law. Shucks...my mom wanted to cook a roast (Cajuns love meat and grease gravy over rice)! I said "No, mam...we eat turkey on Turkey Day." She tried to talk me out of eating turkey everytime we talked on the phone. Cajuns are funny like that...once they get something in their head...it's hard to convince them otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home