I Love My Soldier: ONE month..Until I see my Sweetie!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, November 21, 2005

ONE month..Until I see my Sweetie!


Yes, in just one month (one month from today) my hubby will be home for TWO weeks! I am so excited, the kids are so excited, his mom and everyone just can't wait to see him. This Christmas will be so special!


Jason has gone to 12 hour shifts (MP) and that is good and bad. It's good because he will finally get more time off. Before he was working so much and maybe getting only 5 days off a month. Hopefully this new schedule will work out to where he will have some days off. I must say though, they change the scheduled ALL of the time, he has been on different shifts, etc.. so the schedule is subject to change. The bad side is there may be days we don't get to talk (or talk very little). However I am grateful for anytime we get to talk.

I do know there are soldier/families who are not as fortunate as we are. I know there are families who don't have the luxury of web cams, or only hear from their soldier periodically. Sometimes I even hate to gloat and talk about how much I get to talk to Jason because some of those soldiers wives/families that read my blog don't have the same luxury. Sometimes I even feel bad about talking about how much I miss my husband because honestly some people have told me I should be thankful that he is not over in Iraq and is only in Germany. But I just have to say... I am thankful. I know there are thousands and thousands of families that have solders in WAR zone where they fear for their safety (I feel for them and I pray for them daily). But I also know there are millions of husband and wives snuggled up in their homes together, daddys and kids playing together... and well my kids and I don't have that same luxury. For 18 months the love of my life is not with me! That hurts and therefore I write all about it in this blog (as well as the love I feel for him, and the daily lives of me and the children). I hope I don't offend anyone and if I do I am deeply sorry.

I also know my blog has helped others and is an encouragement for many wives (whether their husband be in Germany or Iraq or Afghanistan), as I have had so many tell me that via comments, emails, and the guestbook. Blogging is great... It is therapeutic for me! Blogging is kind of like REALITY TV. Seriously, don't we all just love reality TV. We peak into the lives of other people. I know I love to read other people's blogs as well. I have MANY that I visit. The key word is REALITY. Its all real!! These blogs express real people, going through real circumstances. I love it! I love that I have made friends through my blog, and other blogs. I love that I can say.. "Hey, pray for me today" and hundreds of prayers will go up for me! So to all of those who frequently read my blog.. I thank you!


Ok... Well Jason and I talked for just a few minutes (morning for me, it was afternoon for him and he was about to go on a new shift). We kind of got into a little spat/disagreement, but we handled it pretty well. I think everything will be ok. It is just really hard to handle how you have disagreement when you are thousands and thousands of miles apart. I have just prayed over the situation every since we got off the Web Cam. I know it will all be ok.


I have been really busy working (Medical Transcription) this morning, but took a break to blog. I have to leave in a few minutes to go get Hayden from 3K. He should lay down for a nap when he gets home (hopefully) so I can get BUSY again working.


Have a GREAT day everyone... ((HUGS)) to you all!


4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger sher said...

hey there.. I am Greg's wife (greg's notes)and I just wanted to jump over and say hi. I am so glad your soldier will make it home for Christmas! Mine will be still be stuck overseas, but should be home sometime in January. We will keep up our tree and celebrate all the more when he makes it home. You have a beautiful family. May God bless you and yours for this holiday season.
Sher

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

I like what you said...it is REAL. Real people...going through real stuff...be it big or small.
:)

How so many lives are integrated via internet amazes me. I have made friends here that I would have never had the opportunity to know were it not for the www. This is a great battleground for prayer warriors...and so nice to know that others care and will pray when you ask.

Sometimes, in the busyness of life, we tend to isolate ourselves. But this is a great way to branch out and share our lives with others and for them to share their lives with us. It makes us better people, I think, because we're able to get some perspective that this life is not all about us.

Take care Deanne!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Hey Sher! Thanks for stopping by. I know you will have a blessed and wonderful celebration when your hubby comes home.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Hey Boyoumama2,
I have to admit since I work from home and with Jason being deployed I do isolate myself some. The net (bloggin) has been an awesome way for me to meet awesome people (like you!!!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home