I Love My Soldier: A Season of Giving













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Season of Giving


With Thanksgiving recently past and Christmas upon us, I want to take this time to wish you all a holiday season filled with peace, joy and love.

That very first Christmas God gave the world His most valuable gift. He gave us His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself knew how special giving was, as He gave the ultimate gift when He gave His life for our sins. It all started that first Christmas with a precious baby (a precious gift). Christmas is truly a time of caring, sharing, and giving. God gave to us, and it is such a blessing that we can give to others.

The Spirit of Christmas is upon us, and my daughters and I have decided to bless a family with gifts this Christmas. Just knowing the joy that will be shared, the happiness they will experience, the caring and love we feel to be able to do this for this family is all a blessing from God.

May we all be able to give in the Spirit of “Jesus Christ”. May you know and experience the joy of giving during the most joyous time of year.

Thank you to my daughter Erin for your inspiration in my life and your love for this family.


5 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giving, caring, and sharing are all good. More people should do so. However, giving is most pure when the giver does not brag about their generosity.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

To: Anonymous.

I'm not bragging about my generosity, I am just sharing the joy that it brings in being able to help someone and encouraging others to do the same. Bragging would be me telling what I gave, etc. My giving is for the right reasons. :-)

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanne,
I think it is wonderful that you are helping another family who is in need at the holiday season. What better way to share the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of Christ than to share with others.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Thanks 2nd Anonymous,

You are so right!

I don't have much to give them, but its not the monetary value that matters, it is a blessing to give what I can. Honestly, I really don't have it to give. It is a sacrifce in my pocket book to do so, but I know these girls really need it. It brings such a smile to my face to know it will bring them joy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. :-)

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!

I also wanted to thank you for introducing me to the song that's playing on your site. I went out and bought the CD. *grin*

- Snow
http://snowdancer.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home