I Love My Soldier: Snowing in Germany













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, November 25, 2005

Snowing in Germany



Jason called me last night (8 pm for me - 3 am today for him) and was telling me about all the snow that had fallen (being from Alabama we just don't get snow like that). He was getting up and getting ready to go on his shift, but was going to have to go out and clean all the snow off of their van so they could make it to the station. He emailed me a few times from work, but we were not able to get on web cam today. His shift is 12 hours, but they always have to be there an hour early (hmmm sounds like 13 hours to me) and often end up working past their shift (as they did today 14hrs - which is why we didnt get to talk via web cam). Since he had to work over, he was exhausted when he finally got in and had to get some sleep as he would have to be back up bright and early. Speaking of it is almost 8 pm Friday night here, which means it is almost 3 am Saturday morning for him (time to wake up Jason). I sent him an email to tell him good morning. He had a bad day today (well yesterday for him) and even lost his cell phone. I sent him a message to tell him how much I love him and that I hope today goes better!! He is the love of my life and I miss him so much!


2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Snow. How nice. We don't get much of that either. Sorry that he had a bad day. I know that you are getting really excited and counting the days down.

Hope you and your family had a good Thanksgiving.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Kristy said...

Hello Deanne! Thanks for stopping by my Journal and leaving me a message. I love your blog here. Great work! We are stationed in Baumholder, Germany. There are alot of National Guard guys here that work with my Husband as MP's. I see them driving around all the time. The snow here is beautiful. Its stopped for now, I wish it would start up again. haha. I'm sorry to hear your away from your hubby for so long. Just be thankful he isn't in Iraq. And I see you are counting down to his R&R. How great is that!?! I hope your family had a great Thanksgiving! I'll add you to my Friends list over on my Journal as well. Talk to you later!
~Kristy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home