I Love My Soldier: Teaching....













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, November 06, 2005

Teaching....


You may recall that I was going to be a helper to one of the Children's Sunday School classes and also teach the class once a month as well (Girls ages 8-12). I was really looking forward to helping out in this class. I honestly felt the teacher needed me in there because many of the girls in the class were very disrespectful to her and would not listen to the lesson, but instead talked to each other, fiddled with their belongings, made jokes, got up and moved around, etc (all during the lesson). For those of you who know me, I am pretty outspoken and am just not the type to put up with this. I dont put up with that behavior from my children at home, and surely would not put up with it from children in a class room. I believe teachers deserve respect (whether that teacher be a teacher at school, Sunday school, children's church, pastors, and yes even parents - as we too are teachers). When teachers speak, pupils should listen! Now don't get me wrong... I'm not Sgt. Mom!.. or Sgt Deanne. I'm not so strict that you can't have any fun, but I do believe pupils owe their teachers respect. I believe I would have been a positive influence on that classroom.

However, our Sunday Morning Bible Study is about to undergo some new changes/reorginzation (for the children's teachers....again). They are moving around some teachers, combining some classes, etc. They do want me to teach, but it would not be for a set class. There are four children's classes they want me to rotate through. See each of these four teachers would get an "off day" once every six weeks. I would be their substitute teacher. Therefore I would be rotating classrooms four times in a six week period (I would get two Sundays where I could go to the Women's class as I would not be teaching). However, I would also be available those two Sundays to be the emergency fill-in, if someone could not make it. This would entail me having and knowing the lessons for all four classrooms. I was excited when I was first asked to do this, but as I sat down and thought about it, and prayed about it, I just don't think its in God's timing for me to take on this responsibility. God knows I have my plate FULL now with Jason being gone and all the responsiblity I am having to take care of at home (with the kids). I think I could handle being a helper and teaching once a month, but to do this...is just too much for me (right now). I know the church needs me, but my family needs my sanity right now, and I just don't think I can juggle all of this.

I am needing to focus more time with my work, and especially my kids, and making sure they have what they need from me. I will continue to pray about this and know the Lord will let me know when the timing is right.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home