I Love My Soldier: Another child sick...













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Another child sick...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes, once again another one of my children is sick. ohhh! Last night I heard Hayden crying, I went into his room and asked him what was wrong. He began to cry and say "I miss my daddy" (this is something that happens frequently during the night). However this time as I went to hug and comfort him he was burning up with fever. I picked up his weak little body and carried him to my room. I got him some medicine, something cold to drink and a cool rag. As he laid in my bed and fell back asleep, I prayed over him that his fever would drop quickly and that he would not get the vomiting part of the virus that Alex had just a few nights before (if this was the same virus). His fever did break quickly and he never did get "sick". This morning he ran a low fever and I again gave him some medicine to break his fever. He is laying down now resting and watching TV.

I called the church to find out what time the girls had practice for the Christmas Drama and to confirm what they are supposed to wear. As I told Rhonda (The administrator) about Hayden being sick, she told me that a virus was going around. I had to call Karen (the music pastor's wife) at work to find out what the girls had to wear. When I talked to her she told me her oldest daughter was sick with the stomach virus too. I pray for all these children that are sick and that they recover quickly. I pray for the family and friends that are around our children that we not catch this yucky virus!!! I can't get sick, I just can't. With Jason gone, I just don't know how I could handle taking care of children if I was sick. Once again I REFUSE to get sick!! (sounds like I just said this the other day.. and again about a month and a half ago when all my kids were sick). I also REFUSE for Erin to get sick! Erin does not need to catch this virus. I pray a hedge of protection around her.

Tonight the girls have practice for the Christmas Drama. With Hayden sick I will have to just drop the girls off and go back and pick them up. They will have a dress rehearsal tomorrow night as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, the countdown is getting closer until Jason gets home. He will be here in 14 days (Dec 21st). I am so looking forward to getting to spend TWO whole weeks with him. This will be the best Christmas ever!!! However a part of me is a little nervous.. Oh my, I haven't seen him in 7 months (well except for web cam) and just the thought of getting to hold him again brings me to tears! I love him so much! I am going to enjoy every second of the TWO weeks that he will be home, because after that it will be 5 months before we hold each other again.


3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Faith said...

I hope Hayden feels better soon. He looks IDENTICAL to his father, well with lighter hair. :-) Faith

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Hope that Hayden gets to feeling better.

I know that you are excited about Jason coming home.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger US Forces Designs said...

I hope all your babies get better and I know you will all enjoy Christmas and take every minute you can with Jason and just know when he leaves again it will be such a short amount of time and he will be back for good. Keeping your family in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home