I Love My Soldier: Email from a classmate













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, December 19, 2005

Email from a classmate

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Today I received an email from a girl I went to highschool with (who graduated a year after me).

Hi Deanne! I'm not sure if you remember me but I was "Laney ******** LEFT OUT FOR PRIVACY VIA DEANNE" (class of 1991). I read your column you write for the local paper and I really enjoy it. You have always been a happy, positive person but I love how much you love the Lord! Thank you being such a great witness!

I graduated 15 years ago and have kept in touch with a few people, but there are many that I have simply lost touch with. Laney mentions in the email that she reads the column I write for our local paper. I have written an article for this paper for the past 3 years (well I write for the Lord, but it is published in the paper). Laney had contacted me through a names database she found on the net. I was able to reply to her through that web page. Of course in the email I give her my personal email so she can contact me. I would love to hear what all she has been doing. It is still hard for me to believe I have been out of school for 15 years. So much has happened (good and bad) since then. Despite the good and bad I have truly been blessed and have grown and matured in life, love, and the Lord!


2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deanne,
I've been thinking about you. Only 1 more day, I know you must be so excited! I hope you enjoy every second of the next 2 weeks. Don't plan to many things that will make the time go by faster. Take plenty of time to enjoy him at your home with your kids. Have a merry christmas!
~Michelle~

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Oh boy! Today's the day! I've been thinking about you! I hope you have the merriest Christmas ever!
{{Big Hugs!}}

BTW, I've been out of school 15 years also...hard to believe that just 15 years ago, I was a skinny, awkward girl with braces...oh well, I'm still skinny and awkward...minus the braces. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home