I Love My Soldier: "Momma, my throat hurts"













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, December 11, 2005

"Momma, my throat hurts"



Within a week all three of my children have been sick. It was just about two months ago that all three of them were sick (fever, stomach virus), and now they are sick AGAIN. Last weekend Alex started running fever, complaining of a headache and within 5 hours she was sick at her stomach; then two days later Hayden starts running fever, complaining of a headache and the next day he got sick at his stomach. Well two days after that Erin starts running fever and I assumed the same would follow for her, however she cries "Momma, my throat hurts". She sounds congested in her head too. So I have given her medicine and got her some throat spray as well. I hate to see my children sick, I am just thankful that this time and last time they were all sick, it was within days of each other and NOT all at the same time.

I really hope that Erin gets better soon and that this is not strep throat or anything bad. She has a Field-Trip Wednesday to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". She is really excited about going to the movie with her class (and afterwards they are supposed to stop by the Galleria and each lunch).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With Erin sick today we were unable to make it to church. The girls were supposed to be angels in the Christmas Drama today. There are about 15-20 girls playing angels singing "Angels among us" at the end of the drama. I really hate that they didn't get to participate. We didn't make it to church last Sunday either (as Alex was sick then). Ok Devil, stay away from my kids!! We need to be healthy and we need to be back in church. I really hate missing church. The Sunday before Alex was sick I had nursery (so it really seems like forever since I have been in the sanctuary on a Sunday morning). Hopefully everything will flow smoothly this week and we will be able to make it next weekend!


Well, its almost time for me to get on Web Cam with my Hubby (The BEST part of my day). I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day! ((hugs)).


10 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Monica said...

Just wanted to let you know I missed you guys at church this morning. I hate to hear that Erin is sick and hope she is better soon. I'm sorry the girls didn't get to be angels today. They blessed me SO this week during practice. Their worship is so genuine and such a joy to see. I'll be praying for and believing with you that everyone will be well and that you have a smooth week.
Love ya,
Monica

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous AJ said...

I really like your blog. Even though you are going thru tough times, you seem to stay positive thru it all! And I really like the layout and that you did it all yourself!

((hugs)) Stay strong.:)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger US Forces Designs said...

I'm sorry all your kids have been sicks. You will make it thru and very soon have Jason home which I am sure you all will cherish. Keep counting those days and I keep you all in my prayers.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Thanks Monica,
I think I am going to take Erin to the doctor and have them swab her throat for Strep. Her throat is really hurting her and she is still running fevers. We missed you too today. You are such a blessing and the kids and I love you!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

AJ..
Thanks so much! Believe me there are days when I don't feel very positive at all, but I have to be strong for me and the kids! However even when I feel down, I have to stay focused on the good things and the love my family and I share.

Thanks for the compliments on the design of the blog. I have learned so much about HTML codes, etc since starting this blog. It is really fun to work with and design the blog.

((hugs - back to you))

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Crystal,
Yes.. the kids have been sick (all three of them). It has been a week, let me tell you!!

Thanks for checking in on us!

I am SOOO excited 10 more days and my Sweetie is home to visit!! This will be the best Christmas ever!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Hi! Sorry to hear about your kids being sick...we've been dealing with that lately as well. It seems that it is becoming more frequent...and strep has been really popping up everywhere. I hope they feel better soon. I've got 2 more words for you: Prayers and Lysol! ;-)

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Sending all of you guys get well wishes. Hope you are feeling better.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger no_average_girl said...

hey deanne...how is everyone there?

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was great! my 7-year-old sister loved it (as did i!), so i think it's a safe bet to say erin will like it to! :-) has she read the book by C.S. Lewis or know anything about the plot? i think it would have been 10 times better if i hadn't known the story by heart and been in a school play about it. but then again, that did make me look forward to it all the more! let us know what her take on it was!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Bayoumama2 - Thanks for those prayer.. we need them. As far as the Lysol I need to buy stock in the company as I have invested so much in it lately!!

Stacy -Thanks for the well wishes. Looks like Erin will be staying home Tuesday as well (not feeling good tonight), but she should be back to school Wednesday

Maegan (no avearge girl) - I am glad you enjoyed the movie! Erin is excited about getting to go see it this coming Wednesday. Yes she did read the book first. I will let you know how she liked the movie. ps. Im enjoying your new blog!

((HUGS to you all))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home