I Love My Soldier: Roadside Bomb Kills 10 Marines in Iraq













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, December 02, 2005

Roadside Bomb Kills 10 Marines in Iraq

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As much as I love my husband and miss his presence in my and the kid's daily lives, I am grateful that his act of service has required him to stay in Germany. Although I share in the loneliness that many military spouses feel, I don't know the fear that many of them have (whose spouses are deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan). Today I read on Yahoo News about a roadside bomb that killed 10 marines. Today as I rejoiced in counting down the days until my husband gets to come home and visit for Christmas, there are families who will be notified of the worst news they could ever imagine. I lift up the family and friends of these soldiers in my prayers. I Pray God gives them strength and peace in the moments to come.


3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Ryan -n- Jess said...

Your strength is an inspiration. I know somedays you wonder if you really do have strength... but this site is just an amazing testiment to you holding it all together on the homefront.

My husband is set to deploy this coming year. I am terrified of spending that time a part again. But, I know I can do it and it just helps so much to see others daily getting through it as well.

We all will get through this. If we just live daily and love deeply. Thank you for your blog.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeee! 19 more days, I'm really excited for you. I'm also excited for myself because in roughly 28 days my husband's National Guard unit will be home for good.
I love your pet cookie at the bottom of the page. He's such a cutie!
~Michelle~

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

I pray in agreement with you. These families will really need a touch from the Lord's gentle hand. I can't even begin to imagine how much it would hurt to hear that kind of news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home