I Love My Soldier: What a Saturday...













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Saturday, December 03, 2005

What a Saturday...


Last night the kids and I went over to Momma Glad's house (Her real name is Nancy and she is like my second mom whom I've known almost all my life) to see her Christmas Decorations. My mother was over there also. It was nice to sit and talk, and the kids and I really enjoyed being over there. However, Alex (my youngest daughter who is 9) started complaining of feeling bad. My mother felt her and she felt hot. The kids and I left and went home and I gave Alex some Tylenol and put her to bed. During the night I went in and checked on her and she was burning up with fever. I gave her some Tylenol and got a cool rag to cool her down. Then about 3 am she woke up vomiting. I felt so sorry for her (It was just about a month or two ago that all three of my kids had the stomach virus). She spent the majority of today sleeping. She woke up a few times and got sick and complained of her head hurting. At one point she started to feel a little better and tried to get up, but when she did she said she felt like a bobble head doll and her head felt really heavy and she felt woozy. She spend the evening laying around, but as night grew closer she started to feel worse again. She went to bed about 8 pm.

Of course since Alex is sick, we will not be going to church tomorrow. Even if she is feeling a little better in the morning she will need to rest as she has school Monday morning. I just pray that this virus passes quickly and she starts to feel better.

As you can imagine with Alex sick, my day didn't go as planned (getting the yard cleaned), but I did get several things done around the house. As of last week I already had my tree up and decorated and had most of my Christmas decorations out. Tonight I set up my Christmas Village and it looks so pretty. Tomorrow I am going to hang lights out on the deck and put some decorations out in the yard too.


Jason and I talked twice (once via web cam and once on the phone). We talked this morning via web cam right before he went to work (which was evening for him). He starts a new shift the next three days and we will not have much time to talk, however I am grateful that we do get to talk. Jason did call me this evening. However I did frighten him when he called. He had tried to call several times and I didn't hear the phone (the cordless was in the bedroom and the phone that was in the living room got unplugged from me moving things around for Christmas). Finally I heard the phone ring and answered it and he was worried. He thought Alex had gotten worse and we had gone to the hospital, but I assured him everything was fine. I immediately went and plugged the phone up in the living room.


I still can't believe that in 18 days Jason's flight will come in and we will get to spend TWO weeks with him. I love and miss him so much!!! It has been so long since we have seen him. I want his visit home to be the best!! However, I admit I am a little stressed as I have some things I need to get paid and caught up before he gets home and I'm not sure how I am going to do it. But I know the Lord will work everything out. I am just rejoicing knowing that we will get to spend Christmas together. This will be the best Christmas ever!! The kids and I are soooo excited about seeing him.

Well I need to go and check on Alex and get to bed soon myself. I hope you all have a blessed evening! I will blog again tomorrow. ((hugs)).


2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Oh gosh Deanne! As you know, we just went through this with BayouBoy. I sure hope she is feeling better and that the rest of you can stay well. I have 2 words of wisdom for you: Pray! and Lysol! :-)

We also put our tree up recently. It's really beginning to feel like Christmas!

I can just feel your anticipation for Jason's arrival...I'm so excited for you and your kids!

My stress levels are still high, but my "formula" for keeping it together right now is this: I read the Message Bible online as soon as my coffee is made. If I wait, I tend to never get back to reading it during the day. Then I make lists! I make a list of all the things I want to do at home after school. When I go to bed and can't sleep because too much is on my mind, I write it on that list.

Another thing that I've been doing is leaving as soon as school is over (about 3:15). I used to stay until 4 or 5 o'clock and then come home and drag my feet because I was so tired. So, instead, I make a list of what I need to do in the morning, and jump right on it when I get there.

I said all of that to say, I have prayed for God to really teach me about putting my priorities in the correct order...not just saying it, but doing it. Before, school was above everything...but my spiritual and home life was suffering. Things are becoming less stressful and I really believe that the Lord is doing a new thing in me.

I hope you can find a "formula" to get you through the holidays so that you can enjoy your time with kids and hubby to the fullest!

{{Hugs!}}

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Amy said...

here is to a good R&R Mine is coming up soon too. I know how exciting it is. This is our second deployment. I really enjoyed reading your blog today.
amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home