I Love My Soldier: Yard work and a Christmas Party!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Saturday, December 17, 2005

Yard work and a Christmas Party!

First of all.. EVERYONE is healthy!!! YEAH!!


Today has been quite a busy day. Erin had company spend the night last night and the kids had a great time. I slept in until 8 am and it felt so good. I have so much that needs to be done... so I started in the yard. I spent HOURS working in the front and back, cleaning up all the leaves with the leaf sucker, mulcher thingy (looks like a lawnmower, but it sucks up all the leaves, mulches them into the bag attached - really neat and so much easier than raking and baging). However everytime I do this it really kicks my rear end because I empty about 10-15 bags. There is a GIANT tree in my back yard and it still has tons of leaves on it (so I am sure I will be busy again in a few days).


Then it was a quick trip to drop Erin's friend (Kim) off at her house, back home to throw in a load of clothes, and everyone get baths and get ready for tonight. Yep, we have plans tonight! We are heading to my grandmother's house in a few minutes for a Family Christmas Party. I am really excited as there are cousins I haven't seen in years who have moved to other states.


We didn't go to the annual Christmas party last year as that was the same night Jason's dad (Norman) wanted us to come to their house. That was our last Christmas with Norman as he died a week before Jason was deployed of a massive heart attack. As great as this Christmas will be with Jason, the kids and I getting to spend it together with him, I know it will be hard on Jason being the first Christmas without his dad.

Well, I gotta get shoes on the kids and get out the door. Have a great evening everyone... Much love!! ((hugs)).


4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Sounds like a busy and tiresome day. I confess...I'd probably just let the leaves stay on the ground and justify it to myself that they will return to the earth or something like that. ;-)

I know you're worried about Jason and how he'll do without having his dad here this year. He'll be with you...and that's a comfort in itself. I've never lost a parent...so I can't imagine the loss...but I know he'll be so happy to see all of you and feel all of your hugs around his neck.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

I found your blog through a list of winners of the blog contest! This is an awesome tribute to your husband! My son-in-law is in Afganistan so I passed this on to my daughter. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Thank you Bayoumama2!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Hey Sherri,

I am glad you found my blog. Yes, please pass it on to your daughter, I hope my blog can bring her some comfort. Atleast it might be a little entertaining seeing my hectic life style of what it is like back home without my hubby!

I will check out your blog too!!!

Merry CHRISTmas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home