I Love My Soldier: Just a break ... not goodbye.













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, January 06, 2006

Just a break ... not goodbye.


I have decided to take a temporary break from blogging.

I originally started blogging to share my life back home with Jason during his deployment, but since Jason and I talk daily via phone or web cam he doesn't even look at my blog at all. I truly enjoyed blogging and all the wonderful people I have met through my blog. I have enjoyed the fun of creating the blog and changing up the template, as it has helped pass the time and the loneliness I have felt with Jason being gone.

This blog has been a personal journal for me, but because it is not anonymous and many people I know personally read my blog I can't really always say everything I feel (about my life, my marriage, my feelings, etc). So although I admit I do wine and complain and cry some, I don't always share everything I am feeling, just because I don't want everyone to know my personal business. There are people who read my blog who know me personally who also email and call me and that is great, as many of them I do share things with, but there are people I know personally who read my blog and never contact me at all (they have no interest in my life besides my blog and knowing my business). For some reason all of the sudden I feel like I need to be private.... that my life is my life, its private and I don't want to be obligated to share it with the world. I have a lot of feelings and things going on in my life right now that I just don't feel up to sharing... and I don't want to just blog when my heart is not in it. I hope you all understand.

I am not saying I am saying goodbye, but I am taking a break.. I will blog from time to time, but not daily and maybe not even weekly. So check back in from time to time... You can leave comments too as they go straight to my email. Or if you wish you can email me at lifebackhome@bellsouth.net (which goes to my personal email which I check daily) or bloglifebackhome@yahoo.com (which I check about weekly).


12 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous AJ said...

I'll miss reading your blog but I totally respect your decision. I hope everything is well in your life and with your family. I raelly enjoyed your updating. :) Take care!

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanne,
Your blog has been really helpful to me through my soldier's deployment. Thankfully, his tour was over at Christmas! But, I still find myself checking in on the "blog friends" I've made to see how they are doing. I guess it's not over until all our guys are home. Through the joy of our reunion, my heart is still with those whose hearts are missing their deployed soldiers.

I understand what you are saying...that's why I haven't started a blog of my own. But, I wanted to say thank you for sharing your struggles and joys. You lifted me up more times than I can count. You have been such a blessing to me! You and your family will be in my prayers until Jason comes home!

Love,
Lara

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger US Forces Designs said...

Your life is very private and glad you can do that for yourself because it is you who has to make it through this deployment and if you get to talk to Jason no reason in sharing it with the world. Thanks for the great blogs!!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

I've felt the same way at times...like my life is on display. But still, I blog. One day, I may hang it up, too.

I'm just really glad we met (via the web). I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are a strong woman. I admire your strength and wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

Will miss you! {{Hugs!}}

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Snow said...

I have come to enjoy your beautiful blog and the heart you put into it.

I also use a Livejournal that has numerous privacy features. I can make certain entries private, friends only and even customize who I want to read those entries. It has given me a lot of freedom and also helps me to vent, when I need it.

Thank you for sharing what you have...

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger APE said...

I'm happy to hear you guys had a wonderful two weeks together. I know it can be bitter sweet. Take care. I know what you mean by slowing down blogging I've done the same I just haven't made it offical.

April

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Hey Girlie,

I don't call you but, I don't have your number. I am glad that your blog was here, and I certainly understand you taking a break from blogging. I have thought about it several times, but I have to keep blogging to maintain my sanity. Thanks for all your support.

God Bless You and your family,

Faith

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous becky said...

take care honey, do what you have to do for yourself.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Kristy said...

I don't always reply to your posts, but I love to read them. Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time over Christmas with your hubby. Love the Pictures! Going to miss reading here, but I totally understand. Even I have slowed down on mine. Take care of yourself and those beautiful Children. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers till your hubby returns home safe. Will miss you,
Kristy

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog has been interesting and has helped me through my soldier's deployment too. Thanks for everything you so share and all the pictures.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hope you had a good visit with your hubby! Happy Valentines Day!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger no_average_girl said...

hey girl! miss reading about your updates...please let us know you're still alive and well when you get a few!

love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home