I Love My Soldier: Wow!!!!!!!!!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, March 27, 2006

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Ok, someone has to tell me.. where did all these sweet people came from who have left these comments? I have had more comments today than I have had the whole time I have been blogging (exaggerating a little, but I have had lots of comments today). You all seem like Godly women and your prayers and kind words really mean a lot to me.

Well.. I haven’t updated in a over a week. so here it goes.....


Things seem to be going great. The kids were out of school last week and that was stressful having them home and trying to work (medical transcription) too. I love them so much....but hehe it was a relief to see them get back to school today.

Jason has been told about an AGR job that is he really interested in. If he gets this job we will be moving about an hour and a half/two hours from where we are now. I will miss my friends and family here, but its not too far.. and it is a great opportunity for our family. I think this would really be the best thing for us... (for MANY reason)... so if you would keep this job opportunity in your prayers it would really mean a lot to me.

Jason has had some problems with a torn meniscus and is going to see another orthopedic doctor Wednesday. Please keep this in your prayers too. Hopefully they will not need to do surgery, but if its needed then they must do it. The only thing his knee is interfering with is him getting to do BNOC while he is over in Germany. Going through BNOC would be a great opportunity for him and allow him to be promoted in the near future. They said today that he might still get to go to BNOC even with an injured knee (of course that is if he doesnt have to have surgery during the time frame of BNOC). If he goes to BNOC it will be from April 9 - 24 (not sure of the dates). During that time we would only be able to communicate by phone (some) and not have Web cam.

Jason should be coming home anywhere between mid May to the beginning of June. We dont know an exact date.


Oh and my mom got discharged from the hospital Sunday afternoon. She spent two weeks in the hospital with pneumonia. She is doing much better, but still feels weak. Thank you for your prayers.

I do have ONE more prayer request. We had a family friend lose her battle with breast cancer this past weekend. She has gone on to be with the Lord. She was such a very special lady and a blessing to know. Her name is Linda Scott. Please keep her family in your prayers. She left behind a husband, three kids (my age) and 5 grandchildren. Thank you.

Well... I have things I need to go and do. Thank you again all so much.. and please someone tell me where all you nice ladies came from!!!

Love ya,
((hugs))
Deanne


8 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Well, sounds like things are turning around for you & I'm so happy for that. I will definately remember all your prayer requests.
Take Care!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous blestwithsons said...

I read your blog and this one quote keeps going through my mind...

"They also serve who only stand and wait."

And I remember those times in 1 Samuel when the people who stayed back and guarded the stuff got the same reward as the people who went off to fight.

I'm a Marine wife, myself. My hubby has been to the sandbox twice. Right now we're taking a break from deployments as he is working at Ft Bliss with a joint task force.... Anyway... I know how you feel. I've been there and I'm praying for you. Your site is beautiful and so is your attitude! I hope your soldier knows how much he is loved - cause it really shows!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger no_average_girl said...

it's great to see an update, girl! glad to hear about the job offer for jason - please do keep us updated on that, as well as the possible knee surgery.

i will pray for ms. linda and her blessed family. i understand what that family must be feeling right now.

glad to hear your mother has gotten out of the hospital. i know that helps to lift your spirits! :-)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

You have lots of angels it looks like my friend. I saw all those comments. You are loved. You are such a special person.

I will say a prayer for Jason and you. So glad that your mom is out of the hospital.

Take care, and keep posting.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Miss Tresninos said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. we'll be keeping that in our prayers.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

I've kept you and your family in my prayers and will continue to do so, hope Jason gets the job he wants :)

Being a military wife myself, I know how it is to be away from your family. At least you would only be 2 hours, right now, I'm in the States and the rest of my family is in South Africa LOL

So glad your mom is doing good and out of the hospital.

Hang in there and embrace the good and the bad times that come with deployments. Remember there are a lot of us out here who are either going through the same or have been there before....so, we are all here for you. HUGE hugs to you,
God bless,

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Pam in Colorado said...

Glad to hear of the bright possibilities for your near future. Will continue praying for your family, the job situation, your hubby's knee and the training.

Praise God for your Mom's health improvement. Hope she feels more energetic soon.

With everything that is going on, how are YOU doing? You appear so upbeat and ready for just about anything. Make sure you take time to breathe and pamper yourself a bit.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Faith said...

You know I am praying away and sending out the prayer chain at our local Catholic church. We must always remember God is with us when we don't see him. He certainly doesn't make the bad happen, but he can definitely make it better. When things look bad, remember all the things in life you already have and thank God for those things.

God Bless You,

Faith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home