I Love My Soldier: A heartbeat away













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, April 21, 2006

A heartbeat away

Sixteen months ago my husband Jason (who is a Sgt in the Army National Guard) was called to active duty. His unit was called to serve as Military Police at several bases in Germany. Although I have been grateful that he was not in a war zone, I will say the time and distance has been extremely stressful on all of us.

The first several months into his deployment I cried myself to sleep every night. I missed him so much and thought that this deployment would never come to an end. I would become extremely overwhelmed with my life, having to handle the household and children all by myself. The kids would cry and miss him, I would cry and miss him. However, I had to be the backbone of the family to be strong and supportive and keep everything together.

Throughout the past 16 months I have really grown as an individual and in the Lord. I realized just how strong of a woman that I really am. God has used the trials, heartaches, and adversity in my life to be experiences that have allowed me to grow to a higher level of understanding of His Word and His promises.

There are times when I was so lonely, stressed out, overwhelmed but God kept reassuring me of those promises. God is a God of love and His word says “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8. It was a promise from God that I was never alone!

“Thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” Isaiah 43: 1-2. I knew there was nothing that we could go through that the Lord would not be right there by our side!

I also wanted to share a post from THIS blog that I wrote on May 26, 2005.

"Jason, When I woke-up this morning I was overwhelmed with thoughts of you. I just want to tell you how much "I love you"... over and over and over again. Yet, my words can never come close to reproducing the love that I have and how I truly feel about you. I love and miss you more than you will ever know. The love that we share is what gets me through every minute that I am without you. As each day passes by and night comes, I pray to have dreams of you, to feel as though I am in your arms again. And when I wake up to the reality that you are not here, I look at your pictures and anxiously a wait to when we will chat again on the Web Cam. I get overwhelmed when I think of the physical distance between us, but then I realize in reality you are only a heartbeat away! I love you, Deanne"

My husband will FINALLY be arriving home (for good) sometime mid May (we are not sure of a date yet), and what an amazing reunion it will be.

Thank you to all of you who have kept us in your prayers. Your loving words, thoughts, prayers and your friendship has meant so much to me.


1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Glo said...

Deanne,What a blessing for you and your family.I'm so happy for you Proud of your faith in God,he always carries us through. When Jason get home give him a big for all of us and tell him "Thanks" for all he's done.My husband is still in Iraq until Sept. But I know God will keep him in his care.My faith in God is what get me through. Love and God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home