I Love My Soldier: My husband coming home..... while another family grieves













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My husband coming home..... while another family grieves

We originally thought it would be Saturday when Jason and his unit got back to Alabama, but now it looks like it may be Sunday (and/or even Monday). Either way soon,....very very soon my husband will be home with us again.

As I sit here excited about my husband returning home to me.. my heart is deeply saddened as yesterday I learned of a friend dying. A guy I went to school with named Kevin Jennings passed away Sunday at the age of 33. My youngest daughter Alex told me when she got in the car Monday (as his youngest daughter Hunter is in her grade). She said it was a "heart attack". I was later told it was an aortic aneurysm.

I havent talked to Kevin in a long time, but would see him and his wife in passing. I saw his mom almost every day picking up their daughters from school. I cant begin to imagine how his wife Audra, and their daughters are feeling, how his brother Chris must feel loosing his only brother, and his parents loosing a child. I pray that they find comfort in their precious memories of Kevin.

This just breaks my heart. This just really bothers me.

Please keep the Jennings family in your prayers!!


3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

I will certainly keep that family in my prayers. It really makes you realize how much we are blessed & we don't even know it.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger proud fan said...

I will keep that family in my prayers also. I am glad for you that your hubby will be home soon. I found your site today and I love it - you have done a wonderful job here. Keep up the good work!

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger no_average_girl said...

that's great to hear jason is back in the states! :-)

i hate to hear about the family though...i lost my grandfather to an aneurysm about 13 years ago.

please keep us updated on jason...i hope he has the best homecoming in the world!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home